Friday, October 28, 2011

Drip, Drip, Drip

If you're looking for an activity to promote fine motor skills and introduce your tot to the concepts of transference and volume, then this is it! It was so easy to set up, and occupied Eden for a solid 45 minutes while I cooked dinner.
I simply gave her two containers partially filled with water, which I coloured yellow and green, a mini muffin tray and a medicine dropper. I showed her how to use the dropper, and she was all set! Next time, I'll use red and blue coloured water, so she can see what happens when she mixes the two colours; yellow and green mixed together just make a yellowy-green.
She was so absorbed in this activity; I asked her if she was enjoying it, and she said “Shh Mummy! I'm concentrating on making very very important medicine!” with absolute sincerity. Ha ha! I guess it promotes imaginative play too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...